At AGKK Self Defence Brisbane we offer Self Defence, Martial Arts lessons, classes, techniques, courses and programs for women, girls, teenagers, men, boys and families.
I congratulate you on your decision to learn how to better protect yourself through Self Defence training and Martial Arts lessons and encourage more people to do so. Our life is our most valuable possession.
Have you ever felt uncomfortable in any Self Defence situation such as walking home alone that has made you feel uneasy?
Have you been approached from stranger on the street, train or bus?
Many of us have experienced such possible Self Defence situations.
In a recent Survey in 2020, 10,000 women nationwide, 75 percent reported experiencing some form of sexual harassment, assault, or both in their lifetime.
Verbal harassment was the most common form, but 60 percent of women said they were touched or groped in an unwelcome way, while 33 percent of women survived sexual assault.
Even if you’ve personally never felt yourself in a situation that made you feel physically unsafe, having reassurance with Self Defence training and attending Self Defence lessons will help about your next steps (and what you can do to help yourself should the unfortunate circumstance ever happen) can make all the difference.
- They had better Self Defence safety strategies in place
- by attending the Self Defence lessons they were more equipped with Self Defence skills and techniques to deal with strangers, and people they know, in the context of potential assault or abuse
- had more confidence about how to use their bodies in a Self Defence situation
- had increased power and empowerment by being able to use the Self Defence techniques
The Self Defence training and lessons will help you with prevention and awareness and forward planning which are important to help reduce the risk of you being attacked.
How can you stay safe if you aren’t physically able to protect yourself?
If you don’t feel confident to be able to physically handle an attacker, use these safeguard concepts.
- Stay in a well-lit public area.
- Try not to isolate yourself. Walk into a store or a coffee shop and ask for help.
- Call the police as soon as possible if you feel you’re in danger.
- Use anything to help you protect yourself. Buy a personal safety alarm, use Self Defence tools that can help you deter an attacker.
Make sure to get Self Defence training on how to use objects. You can also use more common objects to help you protect yourself with Self Defence, including a purse, briefcase, umbrella, phone, pencil, book, or rock. Use anything available can be very effective.
Some essential Self Defence principles of prevention also include:
- Awareness. Make sure you’re aware of your environment as much as possible. Limit distractions when walking from place to place or other public settings. Don’t constantly stare down at your phone or use music headphones. Make sure you can hear around you. Have keys ready. Walk with a purpose, show confidence with a measured stride.
- Have clear boundaries. Make it a point to ask yourself why somebody makes you uncomfortable. Be verbal with them and use Self Defence techniques with reasonable force if you need to.
Where or how to get Self Defence training lessons?
Self Defence knowledge and techniques can put you in a position to properly defend yourself.
At AGKK Self Defence classes and our Martial Arts program is a very experienced and modern Self Defence program. These Self Defence classes and lessons will help you.
Through the Self Defence lessons, we target participants to experience subsequent improvements in quality of life and feelings of empowerment and control, with freedom from excessive anxiety. At AGKK Self Defence classes in Brisbane we Euip, Educate and Empower participants.
Learning the fundamentals of effective strategies and Self Defence techniques makes students more confident, resilient, adaptable in everyday life at school, home and the community.
Our focus is on teaching practical Self Defence techniques and ways for individuals to ward off an assailant.
We teach the Self Defence skills an individual can use in real-life situations. We also train people in protective Self Defence behaviours and strategies to help avoid unpleasant and dangerous situations in the first place.
When equipped with Self Defence techniques they can be key to helping you escape from an attacker.
AGKK Self Defence Brisbane immediately gives practical tools and lasting results. Learn exactly when, where, and how to instantly defend and protect yourself. We provide the most valuable, self-empowering life tools you need to be safe.
We empower individuals with confidence and self-esteem with the Self Defence training and lessons. We teach you to use physical Self Defence skills to be able to deal with physical and verbal assault by one or more attackers.
At AGKK Self Defence Brisbane we make sure that:
- Improve your confidence.
- Enhance your independence.
- Develop the ‘skill set’ for proactive conflict management techniques
- The self-assurance to enjoy your life.
- You are able to protect yourself from aggressors & attackers.
- Increase success through the Self Defence lessons, classes and programs.
Looking forward to helping you with being able to protect yourself with conflict management techniques and Self Defence.
Below are some Self Defence moves for women, men and children. These can help you feel empowered to defend yourself.
Self Defence technique Groin kick
If someone is trying to attack you from the front, a Self Defence groin kick may deliver enough force to immobilise your attacker, making your escape possible.
- Balance yourself as best you can.
- Lift your dominant leg off the ground and begin to drive your knee upward as high as you can.
- Extend your dominant leg, drive your hips forward and kick forcefully, making contact between your lower shin or ball of your foot and the attacker’s groin area be sure to recoil your foot.
Alternative: If your attacker is too close, thrust your knee toward the groin. Make sure you are balanced and not at risk of falling over.
Self Defence Heel palm strike
This Self Defence move can be an effective technique to the nose or throat. This is executed when your attacker is directly in front of you.
- With your dominant hand, flex your wrist back.
- Aim for either the attacker’s nose, jabbing upward from the nostrils, or underneath the attacker’s chin, jabbing upward at the throat.
- Make sure to recoil your strike. Pulling your arm back quickly will help thrust the attacker’s head up and back.
- This will cause your attacker to stagger backwards, allowing you to escape their grasp.
Alternative: An open palm to the ears can be very disorienting.
Self Defence Elbow strike
If your attacker is in close range and you’re unable to get enough momentum to throw a strong punch or kick, you could use your elbows in a Self Defence technique.
- If you can, stabilize yourself with a strong core and legs to ensure a powerful blow.
- Lift your elbow to shoulder height.
- Pivot on the same-side foot and allow your hips to rotate, creating more momentum into the front part of your elbow when you strike.
- Bend your arm at the elbow, shift your weight forward, and strike your elbow into your attacker’s neck, jawline, chin, or temple. These are all effective targets.
- This may cause your attacker to loosen their grip, allowing you to run.